Thursday, July 14, 2016

Happy National Mac & Cheese Day!

Hi everyone!  Happy National Mac & Cheese Day!

It's that time again when melted cheese and perfectly cooked macaroni noodles reign supreme!  If you are on a diet, today is probably your worst nightmare.

I had several ideas on how I might want to celebrate today.  I had considered making some mac from scratch and bringing into work, but then when I saw that Homeroom was having an all day celebration including a one day only Four Cheese Mac, I knew exactly where I was headed.  I realize most of my posts are about Homeroom, but it's just because it's THAT good.

Anyway, Homeroom has some pretty sweet party stuff going on today, along with the special one day only Four Cheese Mac.  They've also giving away free homemade Peanut Butter Piereo Ice Cream sandwiches after 4pm, but only until they run out so get there quick!  From 5-7pm, they'll have live swing jazz played by the B Street Band for you to dance and tap your feet to.  There's even a Snapchat Geofilter you can use for today!



A video posted by You Don't Know Mac (@dontknowmac) on

Won my tote bag from the prize wheel!
Along with all that, there's also a prize wheel.  It's one spin per table and you can win all sorts of prizes ranging from a free mac to a beer koozy.  I lucked out and got the one I was eyeing: a Homeroom tote bag!

There's also a "cheesy" craft you can do while waiting for your macaroni.  They've got dried macaroni noodles and sting and you can craft your own noodle necklace!  I wasn't planning to take part at first, but by the end of the meal, I was in.

Yeah, I gave in to the noodle necklace
I feel like I'm a little kid again
All done!

Anyway, it's a pretty fun time, so you should go check it out if you don't know what to do yet to celebrate this special day.  I definitely had a blast at lunch :)

Also, to celebrate the day with something blog related, I created this interactive Google map for the Reviews page.  Now you can more easily find the locations I've visited and reviewed for this blog!  Here it is below:




You'll find this map updated on the Reviews page.  I'll do my best to keep it as up to date as possible.

On that note, Happy National Mac & Cheese Day everyone!  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment